23rd Annual Hampton Beach Sand Sculpting Classic
17jun8:00 am5:00 pm23rd Annual Hampton Beach Sand Sculpting Classic8:00 am - 5:00 pm 169 Ocean Boulevard, Hampton, NH Event Organized ByHampton Beach Village District
23rd Annual Hampton Beach Master Sand Sculpting Classic June 15-16-17, 2023 The fun starts when 200 tons of imported sand is dropped on Hampton Beach and the “Grady Bunch” starts pounding up
23rd Annual Hampton Beach Master Sand Sculpting Classic June 15-16-17, 2023 The fun starts when 200 tons of imported sand is dropped on Hampton Beach and the “Grady Bunch” starts pounding up the sponsor site. The entire area is illuminated for night viewing through June 26. Watch Greg Grady and “The Grady Bunch” build a mammoth Sand Demo Site before working on their individual sculptures. View all entries online on this website or watch the process by visiting our website here. The competition has seen international attention and is by invitation only. The event is funded by the Hampton Beach Village District and Sponsors, in cooperation with The Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce and The NH Division of Parks. SCHEDULE FOR 2023 MASTER SAND SCULPTING COMPETITION:
- Mon. – Wed. – June 12-13-14: Massive 100 Ton Sponsor Site Created
- Wed., June 14 – Sponsors Grand Finale with a Master Group Carve.
- Thurs., Fri., & Sat., June 15-16-17 – Solo Competition $25,000 purse and entry awards as follows: First Place $6,000; Second Place $4,000; Third Place $3,000; Fourth Place $2,000. People’s Choice Award $1,000. Non-placing competitors receive $1,500. There is also a Sculptor’s Choice Award that is only a prestige award, granted by their peers, that has no monetary prize.
- Sat., June 17 – 1:00 – 3:00 PM Voting for People’s Choice Award.
- Sat., June 17 at 8:00 PM Awards Ceremony on the Sea Shell Stage. Special Fireworks Display at 9:30 PM.
- The entire area is illuminated for nightly viewing through June 26th.
- T-Shirts on sale in limited supply across from the Seashell Stage at BZ Beach Supply!
- We would like to thank our SPONSORS below for their support. They help make this event possible. If you are interested in sponsoring this year’s event, please click here for an Online Application or download a PDF 2023 Application here.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
On the beach, between B and C Streets
169 Ocean Boulevard, Hampton, NH